Saturday, December 31, 2011

Farewell 2011, Hello 2012! Now what do YOU have in store?


For me, 2011 brought the worst and the best that life has to offer.  To describe 2011 as a year of transition is to take understatement to an entirely new level.
The month of August begins to take on new meaning other than simply "beach week".  In 2010, August highlighted the final chapter of one story.  August 2011 brought an emergency visit to the cardiac cath lab, and an entirely separate healing of the heart - a most unexpected and welcome one - the opening chapter to another story, the one I hope ends with "and they lived happily ever after."
To all who have touched my life in ways large and small, I offer my thanks. I hope that you will look kindly on whatever small impact I may have had on your lives as well.
This young lad now on his 60th circuit around the Sun has been blessed (or "blessed") with a life that is never boring. I expect that will continue in 2012. As somebody once said, God does answer our prayers; He does not take requests.  The answers are often not what we expect. ANd they are most often not easy. But they are there for us.
Happy New Year to all my friends, family, associates, collegues, and random online game teammates.
May your 2012 be the best year ever.

(About the photo: Taken I think in 1955 around Christmas.  I was then and am now "the thinker", Tom was and is "the doer", and Rick learned to live life on his terms.  This is part of a huge cache of old photos I am scanning and preserving.)


1 comment:

essay best said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! I hope this year I will be able to achieve my pending goals which I was not able to complete during the last year.